The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Friday, January 14, 2005

White Man's Burden


Would the real Nazis please stand up?

A couple of observations:

1) I am going to host a "Colonizer-Colonized" party before I leave law school

2) Most American 20-year-olds don't even know who Rommel is

3) Forcing ANYONE to go to Auschwitz is cruel and bizarre. I hate holocaust tourism. I went to Thereseinstadt when I was 16 w/ a Jewish youth group. Our bastard tour guide had the nerve to reach in to the ovens and smear ashes on his forehead saying, "this is the only way I truly feel the pain of our people." I threw up. That is just sick and wrong and symptomatic of a culture as obsessed with death as the Nazis. There should be no holocaust tourism, the places should be open to the public and allowed to rot back into the earth. Think of how insane it is that we maintain these sites. I'm not even going to mention the atrociously gaudy "art" memorials that one is forced to ponder at these sites. I loved Krakow, I spent 5 days there a couple summers ago....I didn't once consider making the 20 minute trip to Auschwitz. I think its pathetic and wrong that I have to explain this decision to anyone. "We must never forget" is dogma, and rightfully so....I'll admit that. But why must society constantly pander to the lowest common denominator when trying to follow through with such dictates.

4) Prince Harry may be stupid, but Price Phillip (pictured, top left) is stupider.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger JS said...

The Soviet war memorial in East Berlin is one of the city's most interesting sites. Uncle Joe knows how to mourn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home