The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Friday, December 24, 2004

Dust off the Monroe Doctrine...its time to wage some HEARTS AND MINDS.


My friend was in South America this past semester, this was in his photos. Further support for my theory that Osama is in Paraguay- the most lawless place on earth. I guess its not just me any more.

This photo is from Peru (I think), but that doesn't change the fact that Paraguay is the Nation-State equivalent of the Mos Eisley Cantina . There are no tourist sites to speak of in Paraguay, and the natural "scenery" is the chaco, which is a lifeless high-plain covered in thorny bushes and tumbleweed. (On the flip side, here are some positive reports). There have been almost 50 coups in Paraguay in the last 100 years. (I was in Chile during this coup, it wasn't even major news down there). Paraguay is the Western Hemisphere's capital of counterfeit currency and knock-off electronics. It is also a major drug processing center. The "Tri-Boarder Region" of Paraguay/Brazil/Argentina is one of the most dangerous places on earth. All I can say for sure is that if I was Osama, I couldn't think of a better place to call home.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if we can't win their hearts and minds................we should well.....barbeque them.....ha , ha,..........just joking.....there are answers but they are complicated.....the Americans COULD BE THE CALVARY IF THEY LEFT THEIR PLEASURE PALACES.......too many fun thing to do here......without GOD..take away GOD ....and you have nothing but pleasure.........then death.......

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger JS said...

I agree, and I applaud your use of elipses. America once was a light on a hill for the rest of the world. Small minded fear in the guise of religion has turned us into a dark bunker full of people who would rather build walls than engage the rest of the world.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop blogging right now!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger JS said...

sorry, no can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home