The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down...So now go pick a different person. I'm done."



Poor Barry. I believe in you, buddy. The world ain't ready for a black sports superstar....oh wait. Seriously, though, I really do think Bonds gets a tough break. He doesn't like people, we all know people like that, there's no reason why those type of people shouldn't be able to play professional sports. He's been modest with endorsements and the like because he doesn't want to put himself out there. I respect that.

In other baseball news, I hope you all got a chance to watch the steroid hearings...Probably the most bizarre 5 hours of Congressional action in a long, long time (no, the Schiavo stuff isn't bizarre, that's just fucking terrible). Even though I hate Schilling, I have to respect his command of the English language. He looked like Daniel Webster compared to to Sammy Sosa. Jose Canseco is a dirtbag, but everyone already knew that. He's has a great cameo in the hysterically dark film Mail Order Wife. Check it out. Also, I'm really happy that America is starting to realize what an opportunistic slimball Mark McGuire is. I'll never forgive the dirtbag for pretending like he was hero for juicing up and hitting meatball pitches out of the park....and the way he used the son he abused(?) only a few years earlier as a prop for his "American Hero" crap is just unconscionable. Am I going to get sued for libel yet? Wait, wait...this should do it. Mark McGuire murdered his infant daughter!

4 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schilling is a native English speaker--that doesn't mean Sosa is unintelligent

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger JS said...

Sosa has been a major league ball player since 1989...that's more than 15 years. He could have learned English if he wanted to. I assume he doesn't care that much about it, and I respect that. But, none of this takes away from the fact that Sosa looked like a hapless boob at the hearings. With the possible exception of Raphael Palmiero, Congress couldn't have come up with a line-up of players I liked less. From my childhood anti-hero Canseco, to Sosa and his stupid ass hop and finger kissing, to McGuire's generally skeeziness, to Schilling's abhorent redneck politics...there were no good guys at that table.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J - McGwire - the opportunistic slimeball spells his name McGwire not McGuire.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that Sammy could do daily interviews on SportsCenter a few years ago, but when addressed by a congressperson rather than Linda Cohn, he needs the question repeated multiple times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home