The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Whoa, sometimes the hype is right!

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Conor Oberst or his erstwhile band, Bright Eyes. He's been on a media-love-fest bender this month, on the cover of TONY and the Times and several other exciting publications. Anyway, I've never given this guy a chance...mainly cause of my own failure to achieve wunderkind status (i've always been more of a generalist...yeah, that's the ticket).

Anyway, I got a hold of Digital Ash in A Digital Urn, the more "experimental" of the two new Bright Eyes albums. Its not perfect, many of the songs sound the same. But, many of them are VERY good. Especially "Gold Mine Gutted," which feels like the soundtrack to an endless, melancholic moving walkway ride (a la The Graduate).

So everyone in Mercer really needs to put all their music on Itunes and share it with the rest of us. FYI, my library is "Kerry Strug's Music." I like my music collection. Also, you can actually copy shared music using a program called m-y-t-u-n-e-s r-e-d-u-x. You don't need the dashes, that's just my cheap attempt to not get caught stealing music. Search for it on google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home