The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Wednesday, February 22, 2006


I just got a new camera. Here's the first shot. The camera is a fab Panasonic DMC-LX1...the ultra cool 16:9 aspect ratio option is screwing with my blog layout. I kind of anticipated this problem. Anyway, I had a hard time choosing between the Cannon S80 and the Lx1...ultimately I was sold on the Panasonic's leica lens and image stabilization feature. Also, this 16:9 size format jives with my preference for landscape shots. Professional reviews, like the one linked to above, complain about the level of "noise" on the lx1. This only seems to be a problem when blowing up images, and I'm ok using some computer software to fix those images I plan on making wall size. Anyway, this is a TINY camera with full manual controls and a lot of megapixels. Its going to be hard adjusting away from 35mm, but I've decided to join the 21st century. Actually, its not going to be hard at all, instant gratification is easy.

The above picture makes me wonder who exactly Penelope is...I'm hoping its a squarer-than-she-used-to-be bachelorette having a crazy night rather than a homeless woman marking her clothes depository. This give me a chance to introduce a new heuristic device...Sanjana's Razor...its like Ockham's Razor BUT instead of the simpler choice being correct using Sanjana's Razor the most cynical answer is always correct. Ergo, Penelope is an aging homeless drag queen sent out to pasture from Lucky Chang's and eating food out of dumpsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home