The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Thursday, February 03, 2005


Well, I'm off to Miami (enjoy the snow...suckers). I won't be back till Monday. I leave you with a parting question:

Is it is possible that "My Super Sweet Sixteen" could actually be socially progressive? Can showing girls who spend 70,000 dollars on a party feel good about themselves for raising a couple hundred bucks for charity actually ferment revolution? I doubt it, personally. I'm not even sure the youth know how to process TV in any other way that "I want that for myself"....I mean, the shows just fill time for the ads, right?

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger immigrantsun said...

That girl Ava (the one pictured in your blog), the total cost of her party and Range Rover cost her dad over $200K. Ridic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home