The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Monday, December 13, 2004

Aint no media love-fest like a sports media love-fest

Peter Gammons is going to the Hall of Fame. He totally deserves it. But, reading through these comments, you'd think we were dealing with the Dali Lama. I mean, were there "talking points" distributed to these guys before the "comments" or did they all decide to compare Gammons to Babe Ruth on their own? And, aren't we forgetting what an annoying asshole Gammons can be when he's irritated.

Also, the Mets might actually end up with Pedro Martinez. If anyone really thinks he has 4 years left in him, they are fools.

Finally, I really hope Carlos Beltran fires Scott Boras (his slimy agent) and says in Houston. It would so awesome for baseball if a player realized there is actually no difference between $100 and $200 million dollars in the real world. However, this won't happen. If I had the time would make up a cut-and-paste picture of him in pinstripes, I would. But, I said the same thing about Vladimir Guererro and he's an Angel now...so one never knows.

OK, now that I've thoroughly alienated my female readership, peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home