The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Reader Requests

One of my favorite readers points out:

This was meant for your blog -- dim sum, Maoist oppression, paternalistic attitudes about unhealthy foods.

So true....also, one of my West Coast readers has asked for a post on Frederick Law Olmsted. Due to finals, I'm not sure I can devote the proper amount of time to such a great man. However, it did make me think about how we city dwellers live in the shadow of bygone giants. Hopefully I'll be able to do a compare/contrast with Robert Moses at some point in the future. Obviously my paternalistic maoist sympathies would tend toward Mosses' point of view, however he was just wrong about some basic realities of mankind (bigger roads means more cars, not more space).

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your comparative analysis of Olmstead and Moses. Though I hope that you abandon your useless and silly crusade to spell the great Robert Moses' name as though, rather than parting the Red Seas of administrative inefficiencies and allowing the light of outdoor exercise and entertainment pierce the shrouded lives of city dwellers, Moses instead is named after the fungus growing on the north side of trees he routinely cut down as he redefined the term "parks."

Get it right, and you'll stop looking like so much of an ass.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you see that? I'm one of his favorite readers! Eat it, rfn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home