The Revolution is Not a Dinner Party

It's Just Lunch....or IS IT??

Friday, November 11, 2005

Update: Jeff Daniels is not Jeff Bridges

In my botched Oscar post I totally confused Jeff Daniels (who is in The Squid and the Whale) with Jeff Bridges (who is not).

Apparently, however, I am not the only one. Here is an interview with Daniels, (he's talking about an album of his comedy songs):

-------------------

Daniels: ....And there's a song called “Recreational Vehicle” which is kind of a 10-minute song about this RV trip I took with my family. We were going to Cooperstown, New York, for the Baseball Hall Of Fame from Michigan. We stopped at a truck stop and while I was getting recognized gassing up — I got recognized as Jeff Bridges. I got back into the RV and pulled back onto the highway and had forgotten my wife. So it's a song, which is a true story, and it's very entertaining and it raises a lot of money for the theatre…

Q: You were recognized as Jeff Bridges?

Daniels: "Excuse me, Mr. Bridges?” “Yeah.” “Can I get an autograph?” “Sure can.” It happens a lot. Dave Coulier is another one. Bill Hurt I get, Bill Pullman I get. “You were so great in ‘Independence Day.’” But you know on the flip side, imagine Jeff Bridges being told how great he was in “Dumb and Dumber.” So I'm sure Bridges gets some yucks out of it.

---------------------

Anyway, my bad. He does look a lot more like Coulier and Pullman, but the name similarity with Bridges is probably what throws morons like me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home